Thursday 7 March 2013

Lauren Turns Two with Toopy and Binoo!



My daughter loves Toopy and Binoo so we chose them as the theme for her second birthday.  It did prove to be a bit of a challenge because there is not a lot of Toopy and Binoo products available.  But with a little creativity it turned out to be a great party!
Decorations :
 Since Toopy & Binoo items are so hard to find I decided to go with a "Toopy & Binoo" feel rather than being too literal. I used colourful plates, napkins etc from the Dollar Store. 
Centrepiece - For the centrepiece I was excited when I found the bucket at Kernel's. I just printed pictures off the Internet and made some stars on my computer with "2" and "Happy Birthday Lauren" on them and taped them to skewers. I stuck them into floral foam and filled in the empty spaces with colourful tissue.




Banner- For the birthday banner I just glued colourful stars onto a ribbon and placed felt letters to spell happy birthday. On each end I glued pictures of Toopy and Binoo that I found on the Internet.



Party Hats- I found two different sizes of New Years Eve hats on Clearance. On the small hats I glued little felt "Binoo" cat ears and on the larger hats I glued "Toopy" mouse ears.


Toopy and Binoo Cut-outs - Using a colouring sheet as a guide I drew these larger images onto Bristol board, It was a great place for the kids to get their pictures taken.


 

Activities:
Face Painting - Luckily I have a talented friend, Robin, who did some face painting for the kids (Grandpa even got in on it!).


Necklace/ Keychain Craft - I made some little Binoo's and Patchy Patch's charms out of FIMO. Together with pony beads and plastic cord the kids made key chains or necklaces to take home with them as part of the goody bags.
Colouring Sheets - I printed some Toopy and Binoo colouring sheets off the Internet and had a little table set up with crayons for those kids who felt like a quieter activity.



Cake - For the cake I figured Binoo may be easier to tackle than Toopy.  Using two sheet cakes I cut the pieces out using an  outline i had sketched on  paper, I stuck all the pieces together using icing.  It wasn't perfect but Lauren was happy so that;s all that matters.
 
Party Favours - Since items with Toopy and Binoo are so hard to find and Lauren's birthday is really close to Valentine's Day I took the easy way out for party favours.  I made Valentine's inspired chocolate suckers with a little note attached thanking the guests for attending. 






2 comments:

  1. Very impressive - it was a fun birthday party - the kids were all great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these ideas. My son is turning 3 this month and wants a Toopy and Binoo party. I was having a hard time finding anything on the internet. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete